Smoke inhalation kills 34-year-old Hawkins man - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Smoke inhalation kills 34-year-old Hawkins man

Posted: Updated:

FROM OUR NEWS PARTNER THE TYLER PAPER:

TYLER - A 34-year-old Hawkins man died from smoke inhalation during a fire Friday night. It happened just after 11 p.m. on County Road 3425 in Wood County, Hawkins Fire Marshal John Jones said.

Lucas Miller, 34, of Hawkins, died after firefighters arrived at the scene of a "smoldering" fire inside an RV-type mobile home, Jones said. The fire was limited to the kitchen area but created heavy smoke, he said.

Jones said Miller was found by neighbors on his bedroom floor. They dragged him from the home, he said. Firefighters attempted CPR, but Miller did not respond.

Miller graduated Hawkins High School in 1997. He graduated as an emergency medical technician in 2009 and was a volunteer fireman.

The Wood County Fire Marshal is investigating the fire, Jones said. Wood County could not be reached for comment because of the holiday.

"It was a tragedy," Jones said.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.