Longview family displaced after Monday morning house fire - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Longview family displaced after Monday morning house fire

Posted: Updated:

LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX) - A house fire Monday morning has displaced a South Longview family, Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 2206 13th Street at 7:52 a.m. Monday. When they arrived, heavy smoke was reported in a back bed room and the attic, Zackary said. He determined that the fire started from a small electric space heater placed too close to a bed.

Firefighters extinguished the fire within 20 minutes, he said. Three people including a child lived at the home, but no one was injured - the family was taking the child to school at the time of the fire.

The American Red Cross has responded to help the family, which did have fire insurance, Zackary said.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.