Electrical wiring cause of early morning fire in Longview - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Electrical wiring cause of early morning fire in Longview

Posted: Updated:

Released by Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary

LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX) - At or around 5:45 this morning, Longview Fire Department crews responded to 1216 Ridgelea Dr. for a structure fire.

On arrival, fire crews found heavy fire coming from the front living room and porch area of the home.

Fire and smoke damage was confined to the areas of the porch and living room and adjacent bedroom. The fire originated in the wall between the front porch and living room. The cause of the fire was traced to the electrical plug and wiring in the wall that served a window unit, front porch light and other lighting fixtures.

No injuries reported and one resident was displaced as a result of the fire. Red Cross information was given to the occupant.

 

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.