Toddler burned by detergent pods - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Toddler burned by detergent pods

Posted: Updated:

DAYTON, OH (CBS) - Laundry detergent pods caused burns to a 22-month old Ohio toddler's chest and neck.

Wyketa moon found her son crying, and his chest covered in white spots. Moon says she spilled a pack of the laundry detergents pods on the ground. She thought she picked them all up, but was wrong.  The toddler was rushed to Dayton Children's Hospital.

Doctors he should be just fine. According to the National Association of Poison Control Centers, nearly 3-thousand kids were hurt by these detergent packs last year.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Girl, 4, allegedly killed by her mom is laid to rest

    Girl, 4, allegedly killed by her mom is laid to rest

    Monday, July 28 2014 5:38 PM EDT2014-07-28 21:38:53 GMT
    ATHENS (KYTX) - A four-year-old Athens girl Victoria Wyatt has been laid to rest, a little less than a week after her mother confessed to killing her.More >>
    ATHENS (KYTX) - A four-year-old Athens girl Victoria Wyatt has been laid to rest, a little less than a week after her mother confessed to killing her.More >>
  • 1 dead, 13 injured after lightning strikes Southern California

    1 dead, 13 injured after lightning strikes Southern California

    A sunny day at California's famed Venice Beach took a dark turn Sunday when one person died and a dozen others were injured after a rare lightning strike. A man in his mid-20s died at the hospital after being transported from Venice Beach.More >>
    A sunny day at California's famed Venice Beach took a dark turn Sunday when one person died and a dozen others were injured after a rare lightning strike. A man in his mid-20s died at the hospital after being transported from Venice Beach.More >>
  • SPECIAL REPORT: You Don't Know Where That's Been

    SPECIAL REPORT: You Don't Know Where That's Been

    After a few disastrous flu seasons, and recent increases in staph infections nationwide, spreading germs is becoming more and more serious. In a special report, we tested a bunch of things we touch every day to see how filthy they really are.More >>
    After a few disastrous flu seasons, and recent increases in staph infections nationwide, spreading germs is becoming more and more serious. In a special report, we tested a bunch of things we touch every day to see how filthy they really are.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.