Longview house fire caused by unattended candle - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Longview house fire caused by unattended candle

Posted: Updated:

LONGVIEW (KYTX) - At around 4:43 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, 2013, Longview fire crews responded to a residential fire at 1408 Timpson St.

The fire cause was due to an unattended candle in the living room, according to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary.

The fire was found by the occupant's son who used a garden hose to extinguish and stop the spread of the fire. Fire crews provided smoke removal and checked for any possible extension of the fire.

The fire did not displace the family and assistance was not required at the time of the incident.

This was a rented home and smoke alarms were not present. It is the landlord's/ owners responsibility to provide working smoke alarms in the required areas of the home, i.e. sleeping rooms and adjacent hallways. It remains the tenant's responsibility to ensure the batteries and the devices are not tampered with or damaged once they move in to the residence.

No firefighter or civilian injuries reported.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.