1 person injured from burns sustained in Kilgore house fire - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

1 person injured from burns sustained in Kilgore house fire

Posted: Updated:

KILGORE (KYTX) - A house fire in Kilgore Tuesday morning left one person with minor burns to her legs.

Kilgore Fire Department contained the fire just before 7:30 in the 500 block of Turner Street.

Fire Chief Mike Simmons tells KYTX CBS 19 that there was only one person home at the time of the fire.

The woman was initially taken to Good Shepherd Medical Center of Kilgore but was later transferred to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for treatment of possible 2nd Degree burns.

Chief Simmons says the home is more than likely an 80 to 100% loss.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.