Morning fire leaves Van Zandt County man without a place to stay - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Morning fire leaves Van Zandt County man without a place to stay

Posted: Updated:

GRAND SALINE (TYLER MORNING TELEGRAPH /KYTX) - An elderly Grand Saline man is without a home and medicine after an early morning fire.

Van Zandt County Fire Marshal Chuck Allen said the mobile home fire started around 4 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Farm-to-Market Road 1255, outside Grand Saline.

Allen said 82-year-old C.J. Tull lived alone in the house, and was able to escape without injuries, but did not have insurance on the home. 

Tull is currently staying with family who also lived on the property and the Red Cross has been called to help.

Tull was a cancer patient, and the biggest loss in the fire was his chemotherapy medication, Allen said.

"They told me it was about $12,000 just for the chemo medicine he took," Allen said.

The cause of the fire was a faulty electrical line where an air-conditioning window unit was plugged in the living room and dining room area.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.