Neighbors save East Texas family from their burning home - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Neighbors save East Texas family from their burning home

Posted: Updated:

 LINDALE (KYTX) – Some quick action by neighbors are being credited for saving a Lindale family from their burning home.

The Smith County Fire Marshall's office reports the blaze occurred early Sunday morning at a home located at 15330 County Rd 4117.

The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area where a stove was left unattended.

The McDaniels were asleep at the time, but were awakened by 4 male neighbors who saw smoke coming from the home. The neighbors were able to break several windows getting the family out safely. A puppy reportedly died in the fire.

The house suffered heavy smoke and water damage. Lindale and Red Springs Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the fire.

The McDaniels tell CBS19 they have two smoke alarms wired into their mobile home that didn't go off. They are in the process of figuring out their options, since they do have home insurance.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.