Cause of Fire at Pride House in Jefferson caused by Dishwasher - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

FIre that burned down The Pride House in Jefferson caused by Dishwasher

FIre that burned down The Pride House in Jefferson caused by Dishwasher

Posted: Updated:

JEFFERSON (KYTX) -  The Pride House, an ornate two-story Victorian home built in 1888 and believed to be the first bed and breakfast in Texas, burned down during the overnight hours of August 28th. 

According to the House's Facebook Page, the cause of the fire was an electrical short in the dishwasher. 

The Pride House was built by lumberman George Washington Brown, and later purchased by John Griffin Bender. It was named Pride House after the son of the third family to own the home. Many of the family members who have lived in this home seem to have loved it so much that they have decided to stay, as there are many claims of paranormal activity in the home.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.