Two children suffer burns in Longview house fire after gasoline - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Two children suffer burns in Longview house fire after gasoline ignites

Posted: Updated:
  • CBS19.tv Web ExclusivesMore>>

  • Web Exclusive: Company cancels class to nix Southern accents, y'all, after complaints

    Web Exclusive: Company cancels class to nix Southern accents, y'all, after complaints

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:00 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:00:17 GMT
    We live in the South, so some of us may have a Southern accent, but would you consider saying "goodbye" to "howdy, y'all"?
    The Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee was going to offer a speech class for its workers next month to do just that, until it got canceled.
    More >>
    We live in the South, so some of us may have a Southern accent, but would you consider saying "goodbye" to "howdy, y'all"?
    The Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee was going to offer a speech class for its workers next month to do just that, until it got canceled.
    More >>
  • Web Exclusive: Ultra HD TVs

    Web Exclusive: Ultra HD TVs

    (CNN) -Some people just have to have the latest in television technology. The newest TVs on the market- ultra-high definition TVs- or UHD TVs. They have higher screen resolution than current high def screens, and are also known as "4-K" sets. "More >>
    (CNN) -Some people just have to have the latest in television technology. The newest TVs on the market- ultra-high definition TVs- or UHD TVs. They have higher screen resolution than current high def screens, and are also known as "4-K" sets. "More >>
  • Web Exclusive: A product to help keep sharks away on sale

    Web Exclusive: A product to help keep sharks away on sale

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:40 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:40:46 GMT
    If you're headed on a beach vacation, there's a product you may be interested in to help keep sharks away.  The device is called a Shark Shield.  It is now being sold in Florida.More >>
    If you're headed on a beach vacation, there's a product you may be interested in to help keep sharks away.  The device is called a Shark Shield.  It is now being sold in Florida.More >>

LONGVIE (KYTX) - Two children playing with stored gasoline inside a house are hospitalized with burn injuries. One of the children was taken to Dallas' Parkland Burn Center.


Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary says the children , ages one and three were playing with the gas stored near a water heater. The vapors touched off the flame from the water heater igniting the fire.

Zackary said a one year old child was taken to Dallas after first being transported to Good Shepherd Medical Center. The other child who is three, is suffering from minor burns and is hospitalized in Longview.

Firefighters responded to the home at 610 Idylwood Blvd. about noon Monday.

The extent of their injuries is not known at this time.

Firefighters contained the blaze by 12:30 p.m.

Zackary reminds people not to store any type of gasoline inside a home, and should be kept in a building away from the house.

 

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.