Early morning fire causes significant damage to Longview home - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Early morning fire causes significant damage to Longview home

Posted: Updated:
  • CBS19.tv Web ExclusivesMore>>

  • Web Exclusive: Ultra HD TVs

    Web Exclusive: Ultra HD TVs

    (CNN) -Some people just have to have the latest in television technology. The newest TVs on the market- ultra-high definition TVs- or UHD TVs. They have higher screen resolution than current high def screens, and are also known as "4-K" sets. "More >>
    (CNN) -Some people just have to have the latest in television technology. The newest TVs on the market- ultra-high definition TVs- or UHD TVs. They have higher screen resolution than current high def screens, and are also known as "4-K" sets. "More >>
  • Web Exclusive: A product to help keep sharks away on sale

    Web Exclusive: A product to help keep sharks away on sale

    Monday, July 28 2014 9:40 AM EDT2014-07-28 13:40:46 GMT
    If you're headed on a beach vacation, there's a product you may be interested in to help keep sharks away.  The device is called a Shark Shield.  It is now being sold in Florida.More >>
    If you're headed on a beach vacation, there's a product you may be interested in to help keep sharks away.  The device is called a Shark Shield.  It is now being sold in Florida.More >>
  • Web Exclusive: Back to School costs really add up

    Web Exclusive: Back to School costs really add up

    Friday, July 25 2014 9:14 AM EDT2014-07-25 13:14:59 GMT
    Before you know it, fall will be here and it will be time to go back to school.  For parents that means stocking up on notebooks, number two pencils, and back to school clothes, all of which usually take a big chunk out of a family's budget.  So, just how much do parents will pay to send their kids off to school this year?More >>
    Before you know it, fall will be here and it will be time to go back to school.  For parents that means stocking up on notebooks, number two pencils, and back to school clothes, all of which usually take a big chunk out of a family's budget.  So, just how much do parents will pay to send their kids off to school this year?More >>

LONGVIEW (KYTX) - Longview Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 1211 Tulane Dr. at 4:11 Tuesday morning.

On arrival fire crews found fire coming from the living room area of the home. The resident had already exited the house and was not harmed by the fire.

Just before the fire, the resident had entered the living room turning on a lamp which resulted in the bulb popping after replacing the bulb and when it still did not work, she checked the breaker. After two attempts, the breaker held. The resident then returned to the living room to find the drapes and portion of the area near the wall plug on fire. The smoke alarm did sound according to the resident.

The fire caused significant damage to the residence with heat and smoke damage throughout. The homeowner was insured. The cause of the fire is related to the electrical components of the house.

As a measure of safety: Anytime a breaker will not reset with one attempt it is advisable to unplug any appliances and devices, leave the breaker off, then have a certified electrician provide a service inspection of the electrical wiring and related components. A breaker is a safety device of the electrical system and indicates overloads and other circuitry issues by "tripping".

 

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.