Two escape Longview house fire Monday through bedroom window - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Two escape Longview house fire Monday through bedroom window

Posted: Updated:

Released by Longview Fire Department

LONGVIEW (KYTX) - At or around 1:15 this morning, fire crews responded to a residential fire at 1213 Hughey Drive. Upon arrival, fire crews found heavy fire and smoke coming from the rear of the structure.

The occupants attribute the sounding of the smoke alarm to saving their lives. The bedroom door was closed and slowed the smoke from entering the bedroom. They attempted to open the door, but were unable to escape down the hall due to the smoke conditions. They then broke out the window of the bedroom where they were able to escape. The occupant was able to get the two family dogs out the front door once he unlocked the front door from the outside. The two dogs were waiting to exit.

There were no injuries to either the occupants or the pets.

The fire cause was narrowed down to the wall outlet plug. There was a space heater plugged into this outlet where the fire originated. The fire caused approximately $35,000 in damage.

Three people resided in the 1213 Hughey Drive portion of the residence with 2 family pets; the 1211 Hughey Side of the residence had 2 occupants and 3 family pets. All the occupants are being taken care of by family.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.