Fire closes Jacksonville Sonic restaurant - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Fire closes Jacksonville Sonic restaurant

Posted: Updated:
Sonic in Jacksonville following the fire Sonic in Jacksonville following the fire
JACKSONVILLE (KYTX) -

Fire fighters battled an air conditioning-related fire at the Sonic on South Jackson Street Saturday afternoon.

The fire started around 4:30pm. Dispatchers the flames were under control by 5:45pm. Around that time an employee at the restaurant said it was too soon to say how bad the damage was, adding that fire fighters were still on the scene.

Later Saturday evening the restaurant owner confirmed a problem with the HVAC system had led to the fire, adding that no one was hurt.

The restaurant is closed until further notice.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.