East Texas man dies of burn injuries - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

East Texas man dies of burn injuries

Posted: Updated:

MARSHALL (KYTX) - A Marshall man has died from severe burn injuries after he attempted to ignite a fire in a wood-burning stove with a flammable liquid.

Marshall Battalion Chief Jack Hanson said the 22-year-old man died Friday at Parkland Hospital in Dallas where he had been transferred following Thursday nights incident.

Chief Hanson said the victim poured paint thinner into the fire to help ignite it. As a result the paint thinner flashed back into the can burning the man.

The incident occurred inside a work shop around 7:30 p.m. at 3801 South Washington Ave. in Marshall.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2004 - 2014, WorldNow and KYTX, Owned and Operated by London Broadcasting Company.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.