This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
Italian olive oil producer Bellucci Premium comments on an article that discusses interesting ways that olives and olive oil have been used outside of the kitchen.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) February 14, 2014
Italian olive oil producer Bellucci Premium responds to an article published by Olive Oil Times that discusses interesting ways that companies have incorporated olives and olive oil into their products.
In an article published by Olive Oil Times on January 31st titled Exploiting the Gifts of Olives Beyond the Kitchen, 6 unique uses of olives and olive oil are discussed.
1. Eco Fast Furniture, launched in 2009 by Italian designer GiulioPatrizi, offers a range of sustainable outdoor furniture that uses the waste from olive oil production as material.
2. A research group led by Maurizio Dervili at Perugia University in Italy is studying possible uses of olive mill leftovers to make building and fuel materials.
3. Wrangler, an American denim manufacturer, released a line of moisturizing jeans that are infused with olive oil.
4. An olive oil producer in southern Italy also produces an olive liquor that follows an ancient recipe by Basilian monks. The early recipe was found in an ancient underground olive oil mill.
5. A line of dental gum, launched by Spanish company Air-lift, contains extra virgin olive oil that fights bad breath, plaque, and tartar. The gum is supposed to be a natural alternative that does not alter the chemical balance of the mouth.
6. In Southern Italy, locals use handpicked, slowly dried leaves from olive trees to make teas. These teas provide flavor and antioxidants, just like their fruit counterpart.
Natalie Sexenian, the marketing manager for Italian olive oil producer Bellucci Premium, says, Olives and olive oil are not just great ingredients for cooking and baking. They also have had other uses throughout history that are still practiced today. Moisturizing with olive oil has been practiced since ancient Greece and was also used on the first Olympians.
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11558527.htm
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't find what you're looking for?