Fire causes minimal damage to Tyler business - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Fire causes minimal damage to Tyler business

Posted: Updated:

Tyler Fire Department:

TYLER (KYTX) - The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at approximately 6:45 a.m. Tuesday at Sam's Furniture Outlet located at 2318 Old Henderson. 

Three Engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator responded to the scene.

Firefighters arriving on scene extinguished the fire quickly resulting in minimal damage to the structure.

Investigators from the Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire started in a plastic trash can where rags soaked in linseed oil used to treat furniture were discarded. 

The damage was limited to a nearby refrigerator and cabinet. 

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.