Suspect in Craigslist slaying tells reporter she killed in 3 oth - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Suspect in Craigslist slaying tells reporter she killed in 3 other states

Posted: Updated:

(CNN) -- A 19-year-old woman charged with killing a Pennsylvania man she met through Craigslist has given a second jailhouse interview and provided specific details about other killings she claims to have committed.

Miranda Barbour told the Daily Item newspaper of Sunbury, Pennsylvania, that she killed men in Big Lake, Alaska; Mexico Beach, Florida; and Raleigh, North Carolina.

In her first jailhouse interview in mid-February, she told the Daily Item reporter she had killed at least 22 men over six years across the country but didn't provide any specific locations.

Sunbury Police Chief Steve Mazzeo told CNN he passed along the information to other jurisdictions.

"I'm not saying I do or don't believe it," Mazzeo said Sunday.

CNN is seeking a response from law enforcement authorities in those three cities.

Sunbury police have charged Miranda Barbour and her husband, Elytte Barbour, 22, in one death, the November 2013 stabbing and strangling of Troy LaFerrara, 42, in their car. They connected with him through a Craigslist companionship ad, police said.

Investigators tracked the couple through phone numbers in LaFerrara's phone.

Police said the couple just wanted to kill someone together for the thrill. They had been married for only three weeks at the time of the slaying and had moved from North Carolina to Pennsylvania after tying the knot.

After Barbour's first interview, authorities said they had not corroborated any of her claims, including statements that she was involved in Satanism.

"They are looking for full bodies," Barbour told the Daily Item in the second interview. "They won't find any. But they will find body parts" of runaways and individuals she described as bad people in Big Lake and Mexico Beach. She told the paper she dumped a body off Interstate 95 in Raleigh but gave no other details.

Her lawyer, Edward Greco, told CNN on Sunday he had no comment.

In the recent interview, Barbour told the Daily Item that two other men responded to her ad for companionship but never showed up to meet her.

"I tried it a few times, but it never worked out," Miranda Barbour told the Daily Item, referring to the couple's plan to kill someone together. "I knew we were going to do this since the day we met, and we tried, but the others just didn't show up."

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Vikings deactivate Adrian Peterson indefinitely

    Vikings deactivate Adrian Peterson indefinitely

    Wednesday, September 17 2014 6:53 AM EDT2014-09-17 10:53:46 GMT
    The Minnesota Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to abstain from team activities during his child-abuse case, the team announced Wednesday morning. The East Texas native was indicted last Thursday on a charge that he injured his 4-year-old son by spanking him with a tree branch. More >>
    The Minnesota Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to abstain from team activities during his child-abuse case, the team announced Wednesday morning. The East Texas native was indicted last Thursday on a charge that he injured his 4-year-old son by spanking him with a tree branch. More >>
  • UPDATE: Thomas Liles indicted on tampering with physical evidence in Quitman toddlers death case

    UPDATE: Thomas Liles indicted on tampering with physical evidence in Quitman toddlers death case

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-09-16 21:20:10 GMT
    Thomas Liles (photo: Wood Co. Jail) Thomas Liles (photo: Wood Co. Jail)
    UPDATE: QUITMAN (KYTX) - A Wood County grand jury has indicted Thomas Wayne Liles on a charge of tampering with physical evidence after his girlfriend's children were found dead July 24, 2014.More >>
    UPDATE: QUITMAN (KYTX) - A Wood County grand jury has indicted Thomas Wayne Liles on a charge of tampering with physical evidence after his girlfriend's children were found dead July 24, 2014. More >>
  • Obama outlines expanded plan to fight Ebola

    Obama outlines expanded plan to fight Ebola

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 5:03 PM EDT2014-09-16 21:03:55 GMT
    (Photo: Mandel Ngan, AFP/Getty Images)(Photo: Mandel Ngan, AFP/Getty Images)
    Calling Ebola a threat to both global health and national security threat, President Obama said Tuesday he is sending 3,000 troops to West Africa to help contain the deadly virus and prevent it from spreading to the United States and across the globe.More >>
    Calling Ebola a threat to both global health and national security threat, President Obama said Tuesday he is sending 3,000 troops to West Africa to help contain the deadly virus and prevent it from spreading to the United States and across the globe.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.