Henderson Co. man sentenced for sexual indecency with a child - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Henderson Co. man sentenced for sexual indecency with a child

Posted: Updated:
ATHENS,TX.  (KYTX) - A Henderson County man will serve two twenty year prison sentences on charges of indecency with a child and prohibited sexual contact.

Thomas Boyd was sentenced May 29, 2014 by Judge Carter Tarrance in the 392nd District Court of Henderson County. Jenny Palmer and Daniel Cox represented the State of Texas. Both sentences were the maximum allowed under the law for the charges.

Boyd pleaded guilty to the two charges, then asked the court to assess his punishment.

The conviction for prohibited sexual contact stems from a 1997 interview of a 13 year old child who made an outcry that Boyd had sexually abused her. The case was investigated, but closed after the girl’s mother filed an affidavit of non-prosecution. Boyd pleaded guilty to having a sexual relationship with the girl, now an adult, as recently as 2012.

The conviction for Indecency with a Child stems from a 2012 outcry made by a four-year old female. The child told her mother that Boyd bought her a “Tinkerbelle” costume from Wal-Mart and took her to eat at McDonalds. Following the outing, Boyd sexually abused the child.

Judge Carter Tarrance heard evidence from the mother of the young child, who testified as to the devastation caused by the sexual abuse and the counseling her child needed. The judge also heard that the Defendant has previously been convicted of Arson and numerous other crimes.

Assistant District Attorney Jenny Palmer, in asking for the maximum sentence of 20 years, stated “The Defendant is a clear and present danger…to himself, to the community, and especially to children in his care. Both victims have waited a long time for justice and this Defendant deserves to be punished severely.”

District Attorney, Scott McKee indicated that he was pleased with the sentenced handed down. “I have no idea why this case was dropped in 1997. Said McKee. “This victim had to wait too long for justice, but I am glad she finally got the justice she deserves.”


  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Vikings deactivate Adrian Peterson indefinitely

    Vikings deactivate Adrian Peterson indefinitely

    Wednesday, September 17 2014 6:53 AM EDT2014-09-17 10:53:46 GMT
    The Minnesota Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to abstain from team activities during his child-abuse case, the team announced Wednesday morning. The East Texas native was indicted last Thursday on a charge that he injured his 4-year-old son by spanking him with a tree branch. More >>
    The Minnesota Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to abstain from team activities during his child-abuse case, the team announced Wednesday morning. The East Texas native was indicted last Thursday on a charge that he injured his 4-year-old son by spanking him with a tree branch. More >>
  • UPDATE: Thomas Liles indicted on tampering with physical evidence in Quitman toddlers death case

    UPDATE: Thomas Liles indicted on tampering with physical evidence in Quitman toddlers death case

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 5:20 PM EDT2014-09-16 21:20:10 GMT
    Thomas Liles (photo: Wood Co. Jail) Thomas Liles (photo: Wood Co. Jail)
    UPDATE: QUITMAN (KYTX) - A Wood County grand jury has indicted Thomas Wayne Liles on a charge of tampering with physical evidence after his girlfriend's children were found dead July 24, 2014.More >>
    UPDATE: QUITMAN (KYTX) - A Wood County grand jury has indicted Thomas Wayne Liles on a charge of tampering with physical evidence after his girlfriend's children were found dead July 24, 2014. More >>
  • Obama outlines expanded plan to fight Ebola

    Obama outlines expanded plan to fight Ebola

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 5:03 PM EDT2014-09-16 21:03:55 GMT
    (Photo: Mandel Ngan, AFP/Getty Images)(Photo: Mandel Ngan, AFP/Getty Images)
    Calling Ebola a threat to both global health and national security threat, President Obama said Tuesday he is sending 3,000 troops to West Africa to help contain the deadly virus and prevent it from spreading to the United States and across the globe.More >>
    Calling Ebola a threat to both global health and national security threat, President Obama said Tuesday he is sending 3,000 troops to West Africa to help contain the deadly virus and prevent it from spreading to the United States and across the globe.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.