Business News: Challenge on gas mileage claims - KYTX CBS 19 Tyler Longview News Weather Sports

Business News: Challenge on gas mileage claims

(CNN)- The federal government may require automakers to road test their cars to make sure the gas mileage claims are accurate.  The EPA currently tests 10 to 15 percent of new vehicles each year.  The other 85 percent are tested by the car companies using computer modeling, wind tunnels and treadmill-like tests. Those test methods are coming under scrutiny by the agency.  Hyundai and Kia lowered fuel economy estimates for some 2012 and 2013 models after the EPA found discrepancies.  The EPA says the only way to assure accurate miles per gallon is for car makers to do road tests.

(CNN)- The cost of feeding your sweet tooth just went up. Hershey's increased prices Tuesday on Kisses, Mister Goodbar, Whoppers and other chocolate treats by about eight percent. The company blames the price hike on the higher cost of ingredients, transportation and utilities. The cost of cocoa, dairy and nuts have also gone up.

Powered by WorldNow

CBS19, MYTX & KCEB
2211 ESE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Phone (903) 581-2211
Fax (903) 581-5769

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KYTX. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.