Below are brief definitions of some of the terms you may discuss with your physician.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) - A normal benign enlargement of the prostate that occurs as a natural process of aging in men.
- Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence) - Persistent inability to obtain and maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
- Hematuria - Blood in the urine.
- Incontinence - Involuntary loss of urine. Leakage of urine at inappropriate times.
- Infertility - Inability to achieve a pregnancy resulting in a live birth after one year of unprotected intercourse.
- Kidney Stones - Mineral crystals that separate from the urine and build-up on the inner surfaces of the kidney.
- Pediatric Urology - Specialized assessment, diagnosis and management of children with disorders that affect the structure and function of the genitourinary tract.
- Prostate Cancer - Uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the prostate.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - An invasion by and multiplication of disease-causing microorganisms in the urinary tract. The urinary tract includes the kidney, bladder, ureters and urethra.