Last year, most stores were closed on Thanksgiving due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether to encourage COVID-19 safety or to give employees some time off for the holidays, a lot of stores plan to stay closed again this year.
In fact, Target recently announced it plans to close on all Thanksgivings going forward.
In general, some grocery stores and pharmacies will remain open on Thanksgiving this year, though some may be operating with different or shortened hours. As always, be sure to double check hours at your local store.
Stores open on Thanksgiving 2021
- Big Lots — 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- CVS — Operating under normal hours by location, certain pharmacy locations may have shortened hours
- Dollar General — 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Fiesta Mart -- Hours vary; some may be closed so call ahead
- H-E-B -- Open 6 a.m. to noon; curbside open 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Kroger — Open until 5 p.m.
- Sprouts -- Open until 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. depending on location
- Walgreens — Most stores are open for regular hours. All 24-hour pharmacy locations will be open, but some pharmacies may have shortened hours
- Whole Foods — Hours vary by location
Stores closed on Thanksgiving 2021
- Academy Sports & Recreation
- Banana Republic
- Best Buy
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Home Depot
- Old Navy
- Sam's Club
- Simon Malls
- Trader Joe's
- T.J. Maxx
- Ulta Beauty