TYLER, Texas — For today's edition of Tuesday Tails, meet Atticus — from the SPCA of East Texas.
Atticus is a young hound-mix who was born Dec. 26, 2021. He was picked up by a Good Samaritan and had to have one of his back legs amputated due to an accident. He popped back up after surgery and carried on with life! Despite having only three legs, he has no limitations and can run very well. Atticus is very playful and needs someone who can give him lots of love and attention. He has such a happy-go-lucky look on life and loves everyone. Atticus is the perfect example of how resilient dogs are.
The SPCA of East Texas' temporary adoption office is located at the Snippet Clinic, at 3405 ENE Loop 323 in Tyler.
Adoption office hours are Tuesday - Saturday, by appointment only.
- All animals in your home MUST be spayed/neutered (absent medical reason);
- All animals in your home MUST have current rabies, distemper/parvo, bordetella vaccinations;
- All dogs in your home MUST be on continuous heartworm prevention;
- Adopters MUST be at least 21-years-old;
- Larger breed dogs MUST have a fenced yard to allow for proper exercise
APPLY TO ADOPT
- Complete an adoption application online;
- An adoption counselor will reach out to you by phone or email;
- Once your application is approved, a meet-and-greet will be set up for you to meet the pet(s) at the SPCA of East Texas office
The mission of the SPCA of East Texas is to improve the lives of animals, alleviate their suffering and elevate their status in society.
If you can't adopt, fosters are always needed. Click here to learn more about the SPCA of East Texas' foster program.
For more information on adopting and the SPCA of East Texas, click here.