BENTONVILLE, Arkansas — Just in time for the dreaded holiday returns season, Walmart is announcing a free and easy service that lets customers return items purchased online (shipped and sold by Walmart.com) without having to leave their homes.
Customers can now schedule a return through Walmart's new service, Carrier Pickup by FedEx, which is here to stay beyond the holiday season.
Carrier Pickup Return Process:
- Log into account on Walmart.com or Walmart App, and Start a Return
- Select item(s) to be returned
- Select Carrier Pickup
- Choose pickup date
- Pack the return and attach the label and keep it ready for pickup
*Carrier Pickup available to all customers where FedEx provides Small Parcel Pickup service.
Customers who don’t have access to a printer can create a return request on Walmart App or Walmart.com, receive a QR code and then drop their returns off at FedEx.
FedEx Drop Off Process:
- Select “Drop off at FedEx” as the return method
- Get a return code / QR code
- Take packaged return along with the QR code to any FedEx Office location.
- A FedEx associate will scan the QR Code, print a free return label, attach it to the box and ship it to Walmart
Walmart has also made changes to speed up its in-store returns process by opening alternate returns locations and giving associates the tools to make returns anywhere in the store and sped up the time frame in which customers get their money back.
Changes to In-Store Return Process:
- No matter where customers bought items – in-store, online or from a third-party vendor, customers can start their return online via the Walmart app or on Walmart.com. If customers don’t have a Walmart account they can also type or click www.walmart.com/startreturn, it will save time in line and will make returning at the store quick and easy.
- In many stores we will open an alternate location(s) within the store to make returns and help maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Can’t find the receipt? Don’t problem! If a customer has purchased an item with a debit/credit card in-store we can look up the purchase at the register.
As an added bonus, items returned to Walmart aren't all going to waste.
To learn more about Walmart's return policy, click here.
WATCH: Dad for the Win: Ose gets a Walmart+ plus up