LONGVIEW, Texas — An unattended pot left on the stove is believed to be the cause of a Thursday morning fire in Longview.

According to the Longview Fire Department, units responded to 616 Oakdale Avenue around 8:45 a.m. on reports of a residential fire.

When units arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the outside of the home. 

The fire was extinguished with no reported injuries. 

Officials say there were no working smoke detectors found inside the home and the cause of the fire was determined to be an unattended pit on the stove. 

Seven people were displaced as a result of the fire. The LFD estimates $100,000 worth of damage was caused by the blaze.

"Unattended cooking fires remain one of the leading causes of residential structure fires in America," the LFD says. "Citizens are reminded to use cooking appliances responsibly and always have working smoke detectors in your home."