TYLER, Texas — With the uptick in COVID-19 cases due to the widely spread omicron variant and other seasonal illnesses, some East Texas school districts are being forced to cancel classes.
CBS19 will keep a running list of districts closing campuses in order to have time to get their students and staff well:
- Leverett's Chapel - Closed Jan. 20-21; will reopen Jan. 24
- Lindale ISD - Closed Jan. 21; will reopen Jan. 24
- Van ISD - Closed Jan. 21; will reopen Jan. 24
- Whitehouse ISD - Closed Jan. 17-21; will reopen Jan. 24
- Woden ISD - Closed Jan. 21; will reopen Jan. 24
CBS19 has also compiled a list of East Texas school districts with public COVID-19 dashboards that display the number of coronavirus cases within their respective districts. To access those dashboards, click here.