TYLER, Texas — As COVID-19 cases rise across the East Texas area, multiple school districts are canceling classes or extending already existing cancellations.
CBS19 has compiled a list of districts who are closing down temporarily due to an increase in COVID-19 cases:
- Alto ISD - Extracurricular activities/sports canceled until Sept. 13
- Cushing ISD - Closed until Sept. 13
- Jasper ISD - Closed until Sept. 13
- Livingston ISD - Closed Sept. 7 - Sept. 13
- Mount Enterprise ISD - Closed until Sept. 13
- Ore City Elementary 0 Closed until Sept. 13
- Trinity ISD - Closed until Sept. 12
CBS19 will update this article as more schools make their decisions.