Winter is coming, and no, that is not just a Game of Thrones reference.
Freezing temperatures will happen overnight, and Thursday brought the first taste of old man winter.
If you haven't done so already, there are a few last minute things that can be done around the house to help keep the heat in and the cold out. Some of them can even be done with household items.
- Seal the windows with towels or old sheets.
- Make sure all curtains and blinds are closed.
- Leave all interior doors cracked - even if it's to a room you don't use.
- Put the thermostat on one temperature and don't change it
- Make sure all air grates are open.
These are a few actions the owner of John Spiller Heating & Air Conditioning told CBS 19 that people can take to help keep costs down, and keep their homes toasty.
Spiller also mentioned one of the most important things is changing the filters throughout the home.