TYLER, Texas — COVID-19 is spreading throughout East Texas and it's important to know where you can get tested.
CBS19 has compiled a list of local testing options that we will continuously update as new sites open.
HEALTHCARE PROVIDER TESTING
Before you make a trip to a local testing site (unless it's free walkup testing), calla healthcare provider and tell them about symptoms and exposure.
Those who may exhibit symptoms of the coronavirus, as well as people who believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, need to directly contact their doctor and inform the clinic/hospital that you are about to travel to their facility, before actually traveling to that facility. This is the protocol established by the CDC because it helps to decrease the number of false positive tests and it helps to ensure that the available testing kits for COVID-19 are being utilized in an appropriate and efficient manner.
Testing at a medical provider is only available with a doctor’s order. Doctors and physicians will determine if a patient meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) criteria to actually have a COVID-19 test performed. If the person does not meet the criteria, then they will not be administered the coronavirus test.
If you are an existing patient with CHI St. Luke's Health, click here.
If you are an existing patient with CHRISTUS Health System, click here.
If you are an existing patient with Longview Regional Medical Center, click here.
If you are an existing patient with Nacogdoches Medical Center, click here.
If you're an existing patient with Nacogdoches Memorial Health, click here.
If you are an existing patient with UT Health, click here.
If you are an existing patient with Woodland Heights Medical Center, click here.
IF YOU'RE UNINSURED
People without health insurance who live in Smith County can contact the Center for Healthy Living. You can speak with a community health worker by calling (903) 617-6404. Prospective patients may contact NET Health's COVID-19 call center Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Those with no health insurance who live outside of Smith County can call 211 and select option 6. The phone number is answered anytime — day or night and you will be directed to low-cost or no-cost providers in your area.
LOCAL TESTING SITES
Free COVID-19 testing is being provided by eTrueNorth at these East Texas locations:
- Brookshire's Culinary Center at 200 Rice Rd. in Tyler and the Brookshire's Pharmacy at 2020 Roseland Blvd. in Tyler
- Louis Morgan Drugs Pharmacy #1 (1900 S. High St. in Longview)
Each of the above locations provide free COVID-19 testing through the self-administered nasal swab testing is available for anyone, whether you have symptoms or not.
Persons must provide an email address, so that you can receive your test results from eTrueNorth. These drive-thru testing sites are only by appointment.
HRS Medical, located at 212 Old Grande Blvd., in Tyler is offering free, walk-in COVID-19 testing.
Testing will take place Tuesdays - Fridays from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Persons will be tested for free - whether they have health insurance or not. You are asked to bring your health insurance card in order to offset the administration cost, but you will not be charged by your insurance company
CVS Pharmacy is also offering drive-thru, self-swab testing at multiple locations in East Texas:
- 702 East Tyler St. - Athens
- 101 Loop 59 N. - Atlanta
- 801 West Panola St. - Carthage
- 725 East Main St. - Henderson
- 1754 West Loop 281 - Longview
- 1204 East Lufkin Ave. - Lufkin
- 923 West Frank St. - Lufkin
- 601 South Jefferson Ave. - Mount Pleasant
- 1424 North St. - Nacogdoches
- 1919 South Loop 256 - Palestine
- 3710 Lamar Ave. - Paris
To make an appointment at your nearest CVS location, click here. Due to high demand, please allow 6-10 days for results. In some instances, CVS says their lab partners may take even longer to return results. For a list of FAQs, click here.
ADDITIONAL TESTING SITES
According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, unless otherwise stated, a deductible, co-pay or co-insurance may apply at the following testing sites. Testing may require a physician referral or prior authorization. Please call the respective sites to confirm.
- Integrity Urgent Care - 1115 E. Tyler St., Athens (No physician referral required; No appointment required; No drive-thru testing)
- Lakeland Medical Associates - 117 Medical Cr., Athens
- Cedar Creek Clinic - 2418 W. Main St., Gun Barrel City
- Family First Urgent Care - 2114 E. Rusk St., Jacksonville (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; Drive-thru testing)
- Excel ER - 120 E. Loop 281, Longview (Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- HealthCARE Express - 1509 W. Loop 281, Longview (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Hospitality Health ER - 3111 McCann Rd., Longview (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Louis Morgan Drugs No. 1 - 1900 S. High St., Longview (Testing by appointment only)
- Quest Diagnostics - 603 N. Second St., Longview (Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Quest Diagnostics - 503 Gaslight Blvd., Lufkin (Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- HealthCARE Express - 711 E. End Blvd. S., Marshall (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; Drive-thru testing)
- MedPost Urgent Care - 1305 N. St., Nacogdoches (No physician referral required; No appointment required; No drive-thru testing)
- Exceptional ER - 2222 ESE Loop 323, Tyler (No appointment necessary; You do have to go in to get a test)
- Hospitality Health ER - 3943 Old Jacksonville Hwy., Tyler (Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Quest Diagnostics - 822 S. Fleishel Ave., Tyler (Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
For a complete list of drive-thru and walk-in COVID-19 testing locations in Texas, click here.