TYLER, Texas — COVID-19 is spreading throughout East Texas and it's important to know where you can get tested.
CBS19 has compiled a list of local testing options that we will continuously update as new sites open.
HEALTHCARE PROVIDER TESTING
Before you make a trip to a local testing site (unless it's free walkup testing), calla healthcare provider and tell them about symptoms and exposure.
Those who may exhibit symptoms of the coronavirus, as well as people who believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, need to directly contact their doctor and inform the clinic/hospital that you are about to travel to their facility, before actually traveling to that facility. This is the protocol established by the CDC because it helps to decrease the number of false positive tests and it helps to ensure that the available testing kits for COVID-19 are being utilized in an appropriate and efficient manner.
Testing at a medical provider is only available with a doctor’s order. Doctors and physicians will determine if a patient meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) criteria to actually have a COVID-19 test performed. If the person does not meet the criteria, then they will not be administered the coronavirus test.
If you are an existing patient with CHI St. Luke's Health, click here.
If you are an existing patient with CHRISTUS Health System, click here.
If you are an existing patient with Longview Regional Medical Center, click here.
If you are an existing patient with Nacogdoches Medical Center, click here.
If you're an existing patient with Nacogdoches Memorial Health, click here.
If you are an existing patient with UT Health, click here.
If you are an existing patient with Woodland Heights Medical Center, click here.
IF YOU'RE UNINSURED
People without health insurance who live in Smith County can contact the Center for Healthy Living. You can speak with a community health worker by calling (903) 617-6404. Prospective patients may contact NET Health's COVID-19 call center Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Those with no health insurance who live outside of Smith County can call 211 and select option 6. The phone number is answered anytime — day or night and you will be directed to low-cost or no-cost providers in your area.
LOCAL TESTING SITES
NET Health says free drive-thru testing is available Monday - Saturday, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Longview Convention Complex, located at 100 Grand Boulevard in Longview until further notice.
You can register online or in person. A valid ID and phone number are needed to get a test and results are available in 24-48 hours. This is a viral test only (not antibody testing).
Louis Morgan Drugs Pharmacy #1, located at 1900 South High Street in Longview, will also be providing testing.
Testing will be available every Monday - Wednesday, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. They will be closed on Labor Day. The drive-thru testing site is by appointment only and available to all.
Persons must provide an email address to receive test results. so that you can receive your test results. Click here to register for an appointment.
Brookshire's Grocery Company (BGC) is also offering free COVID-19 testing twice a week at one of its Tyler facilities.
BGC has partnered with healthcare service company, eTrueNorth, to provide a mobile testing unit from 9 a.m. - noon, Monday and Wednesday at the BGC Culinary Center at 200 Rice Road.
The testing center is available by appointment only. People can register for a free appointment at doineedacovid19test.com.
Testing it also available at the Tyler Senior Center, located at 1915 Garden Valley Road in Tyler.
Testing will begin Wednesday, August 26, from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., and will continue Mondays - Saturdays until further notice. No appointment is needed, but you must wear a face covering upon entry.
A valid ID will be required and contact information will be requested when you are able to be tested, not while you wait in line. You must provide a working cell phone number to obtain your test results. Results will be provided to you by the Texas Division of Emergency Management, and not by NET Health.
The City of Kilgore and CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System are partnering to offer COVID-19 screening at the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Emergency Center - Kilgore.
Using funds provided under the federal coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) program, the City of Kilgore recently acquired a mobile operations unit, which for now will serve as a mobile COVID-19 screening center. The mobile center will be staffed by professionals from CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System and Kilgore Fire Department, with assistance from Kilgore College School of Nursing students.
The mobile screening will be set up Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Emergency Center - Kilgore, located at 1612 South Henderson Boulevard. No appointment is necessary. The mobile screening service is being offered free of charge to Kilgore city residents, with the cost covered by CARES funds. For non-residents, the screening is available for $60 or it can be filed on your insurance.
St. Louis Baptist Church, located at 4000 Frankston Highway in Tyler, will also conduct testng.
Testing will take place Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Please visit GoGetTested.com to register for an appointment
This is a walk-in testing location, and you must wear a face covering upon entry. You are also asked not to eat, drink or smoke for at least 20 minutes before your appointment. A working cell phone is required to receive test results.
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System is now offering COVID-19 screening at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Emergency Center – NorthPark located at 323 East Hawkins Parkway, next door to the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Institute for Healthy Living.
The COVID-19 screenings will be conducted in the NorthPark Drive-Through ER service, which is available daily from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. The screening is $60, or it can be filed on a patient’s insurance. Patients are asked to bring their driver’s license or state-issued ID, and their insurance information.
“Please consider participating in the screening only if you are experiencing any two of the following symptoms: fever, shortness of breath, cough, fatigue, loss of sense of smell or taste, chills, shaking with chills, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, nausea or diarrhea or if you have been exposed to a person with suspected or confirmed COVID symptoms,” said Faber White, M.D., Interim Chief Medical Officer, CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System.
CVS Pharmacy is also offering drive-thru, self-swab testing at multiple locations in East Texas:
- 702 East Tyler Street - Athens
- 101 Loop 59 North - Atlanta
- 801 West Panola Street - Carthage
- 725 East Main Street - Henderson
- 1754 West Loop 281 - Longview
- 1204 East Lufkin Avenue - Lufkin
- 923 West Frank Street - Lufkin
- 601 South Jefferson Avenue - Mount Pleasant
- 1424 North Street - Nacogdoches
- 1919 South Loop 256 - Palestine
- 3710 Lamar Avenue - Paris
To make an appointment at your nearest CVS location, click here. Due to high demand, please allow 6-10 days for results. In some instances, CVS says their lab partners may take even longer to return results. For a list of FAQs, click here.
ADDITIONAL TESTING SITES
According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, unless otherwise stated, a deductible, co-pay or co-insurance may apply at the following testing sites. Testing may require a physician referral or prior authorization. Please call the respective sites to confirm.
- Integrity Urgent Care - 1115 East Tyler Street, Athens (No physician referral required; No appointment required; No drive-thru testing)
- Lakeland Medical Associates - 117 Medical Circle, Athens
- Cedar Creek Clinic - 2418 West Main Street, Gun Barrel City
- Family First Urgent Care - 2114 East Rusk Street, Jacksonville (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; Drive-thru testing)
- Excel ER - 120 East Loop 281, Longview (Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- HealthCARE Express - 1509 West Loop 281, Longview (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Hospitality Health ER - 3111 McCann Road, Longview (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Louis Morgan Drugs No. 1 - 1900 South High Street, Longview (Testing by appointment only)
- Quest Diagnostics - 603 North Second Street, Longview (Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Quest Diagnostics - 503 Gaslight Boulevard, Lufkin (Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- HealthCARE Express - 711 East End Boulevard South, Marshall (No physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; Drive-thru testing)
- MedPost Urgent Care - 1305 North Street, Nacogdoches (No physician referral required; No appointment required; No drive-thru testing)
- Exceptional ER - 2222 East Southeast Loop 323, Tyler (No appointment necessary; You do have to go in to get a test)
- Hospitality Health ER - 3943 Old Jacksonville Highway, Tyler (Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)
- Quest Diagnostics - 822 South Fleishel Avenue, Tyler (Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-thru testing)