PAYNE SPRINGS, Texas — A man has been hospitalized after getting a chainsaw stuck in his leg.
According to Payne Springs Fire and Rescue, on Wednesday around 4:10 p.m., officials responded to a traumatic injury call on CR 2830. The caller said a man had a chainsaw stuck in his leg.
When the PSFR arrived on scene, the noticed the chainsaw had been removed from the victim's leg and first responders replaced a homemade tourniquet was with a properly designed tourniquet to stop the bleeding.
"The patient has serious injuries to his lower leg," the PSFR said.
The man was taken to a Tyler hospital for treatment.