TYLER, Texas — The Tyler Fire Department responded to a two-alarm fire at a duplex on 313 West Selman Street near downtown. 

According to the Tyler Fire Department, the fire was reported at about 7:20 p.m. The caller told dispatchers an electric heater was on fire.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, there was flames and heavy smoke coming from the two-story building. Six engines, a ladder truck, a district chief and an investigator all responded to the scene with police and EMS assisting.

The fire started in an upstairs bedroom and spread to the attic. Investigators believe a space heater, which had been on 30 minutes prior to the fire, was responsible for the fire. There was no one inside the home by the time first responders arrived and no one was injured.

The bedroom and attic suffered major damage from fire and heat. There was also damage to other parts of the upstairs. 

The downstairs portion of the home suffered smoke and water damage.

The Red Cross helped the family to get the family into a hotel for the night.

According to the family, a cherished stuffed animal, Woof Woof, was lost inside the house when it caught fire. With Woof Woof's owners in tears outside, Battalion Chief David Admire entered the home three times to find Woof Woof.

According to CBS 19's Payton Weidman, when the child and Woof Woof were reunited, a wide smile came across the boy's face while he embraced Woof Woof.

The fire is still under investigation.

Details are limited at this time. CBS 19 has a crew on the scene and will updated this story as more information becomes available.