SUN CITY CENTER, Fla. — A Hillsborough County man has claimed a half-a-million-dollar top prize off a scratch-off lottery game.
Miguel Cebollero, of Sun City Center, won the $500,000 with a 20X CROSSWORD ticket, the Florida Lottery announced Monday. He bought the $5 winning ticket at the Winn-Dixie on Sun City Center Boulevard.
20X CROSSWORD launched in July and features more than $113 million in total cash prizes.
"Scratch-Off games are an important part of the Lottery's portfolio of games, comprising approximately 75 percent of ticket sales and generating more than $1 billion for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) in fiscal year 2019-20," the Florida Lottery wrote in a news release.
Click here for more information about claiming lottery prizes.
What other people are reading right now:
- Generous act reunites deaf dog with owner
- 2020 Election in Florida: Register to vote, important dates, voting by mail and more
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
- Tampa Bay Rays will play from the MLB bubble for the first time tonight
- Trump declares 'I get it,' then leaves hospital for drive-by wave to supporters
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter