MELBOURNE, Fla. — Rain and wind aren't the only things Hurricane Dorian is pushing onto Florida's shores.
As the storm began to crawl along the state's east coast on Tuesday, Melbourne police say someone found a suspicious package on a beach that turned out to be a brick of cocaine.
Police say an officer near Paradise Beach Park was approached by someone who says they saw a suspicious package wash up from the ocean. The officer said the package was "wrapped in a way that is consistent with a kilo of illegal drugs."
The package's content tested positive for cocaine.
Hours earlier, police said 25 other kilos of cocaine washed up on Cocoa Beach about 14 miles away.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Dorian finally begins to move away from Grand Bahama
- Live blog: The latest, need-to-know information on Hurricane Dorian
- Before-and-after photos show how badly Hurricane Dorian flooded the Bahamas
- Forecasters now monitoring 5 tropical disturbances
- Tropical storms Fernand, Gabrielle form
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.