HOUSTON — All eyes were on the Houston Texans for the 2022 NFL Draft. The Texans held the third and 13th pick coming into the draft, looking to build up their secondary and provide protection for their quarterback.
With the third overall pick, the Texans selected cornerback, Derek Stingley Jr. out of LSU. Locked On Texans host John Hickman predicted that pick, as well as Houston's second pick in Texas A&M guard, Kenyon Green.
"Stingley's potential dates way back to the 2019 season for the LSU Tigers. People widely regarded that team as the greatest college football team ever," Hickman said. "He potentially has the potential to be the best defensive player in this year's draft. And overall, I think he still really fits the mold the culture and the character needs and wants of the Houston Texans."
Texans draft picks 2022:
- Round 1, Pick No. 3: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
- Round 1, Pick No. 15: Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
- Round 2, Pick No. 37: Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
- Round 2, Pick No. 44: John Metchie III, WR, Alabama
- Round 3, Pick No. 75: Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
- Round 4, Pick No. 107: Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida
- Round 5, Pick No. 150: Thomas Booker, DT, Stanford
- Round 5, Pick No. 170: Teagan Quitoriano, TE, Oregon State
- Round 6, Pick No. 205: Austin Deculus, OT, LSU