CHEROKEE COUNTY, Texas — Major flooding and damage is reported across Cherokee County.
According to Instanews Cherokee County, Rusk police were rescuing two men on Martin Luther King Street and Beale Street. Both men were okay.
There was another rescue on Highway 69 north of Rusk.
Instanews Cherokee County is reported flooding in several areas including:
- Highway 69 at 7 Mile Hill
- Highway 69 at County Road 1619
- West 6th Street and Highway 84 West
- Farm-to-Market Road 22 between Highway 110 and Gallatin
- Highway 84 flooded heading into Reklaw
- Farm-to-Mark Road 1248 flooded
- Highway 84 near Highway 204
- Farm-to-Market Road 768 and Farm-to-Markert Road 22 near Gallatin is flooded
- Farm-to-Market Road 241 South near Rusk Jr. High School
Several fire units are on the scene of a tank batter fire north of Laneville.
According to the Rusk Couunty OEM, the fire is happening in the 11000 block of Farm-to-Market Road 225.
Emergency manager in Nacogdoches County reporting flooding in the following area:
- Farm-to-Markert Road 225 south of Farm-to-Market Road 343
- State Highway 204
- US 59 in Garrison
According to the National Weather Service, a house was hit by lightning and caught fire in Noonday on County Road 1310.
The Palestine County Police Department reported several cars stuck due to flooding.
The city of Wills Point reported significant damage, including debris in the downtown area.
North 4th Street and all downtown is blocked to traffic.
The National Weather Service is reporting trees down on US 84 east of Reklaw.
New Chapel Hill is also reporting damage on Caleb Train with a number of trees down.
The city of Kilgore has debris was thrown onto the roof of an apartment building on US 259 and FM 2204.
The city of Winnsboro is reporting damage on East Carnegie Street near City Park. The road is closed due to a washout.